We use data to make Beatfreeks better for you and the people we serve. This includes doing things like:
● Recommending things we think you’ll like including projects, opportunities and events.
● Notifying you about things you’ve told us you like including cool opportunities and events
● General reporting to the people who help us to run these brilliant projects like our funders and partners.
We also use it for business and legal purposes, like:
● Dealing with any requests you make or things
● Getting in touch if we need to tell you about something, like a change to our policies or issues with a service
When you sign up to a be a part of our community we may collect the following bits of data:
1.2 [date of birth;]
1.4 [contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;]
1.5 [demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests;]
1.6 [IP address (automatically collected);]
1.7 [web browser type and version (automatically collected);]
1.8 [operating system (automatically collected);]
If you have been involved with a Beatfreeks programme, we may also hold other data about you. These are things like case studies; the period over which you were part of a Beatfreeks cohort.
Of course. It’s your right. You can do a couple of things:
1. Delete or edit your Beatfreeks Community Platform profile.
2. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or fill in our Data Deletion & Request form to:
a. Request to view the data we have on you
b. Request that we delete the data we have on you
Once we have verified it’s really you we will undertake your request within 40
What’s the point in keeping data we don’t use? None. We delete any data that we don’t use after two years to keep our data policy fresh and our filing systems fresher.
If you request that we delete your data, we will do so in 40 working days. You will hear from us within 5 working days of filing your request, just to let you know we have started. After this we will keep your deletion request for a further year, before we delete that too.
We store your data in one way: on the Beatfreeks Google drive. Google Drive is rigorously encrypted to prevent any of your data from escaping into the world wide web. You can have a read about Google’s data encryption policy here.
You may also interact with the Beatfreeks community via the Community Platform or Eventbrite. When you do this, your data is stored with them, but we look after it.
This will only be accessed by Beatfreeks staff.
In the unlikely event of a data breach – we will contact you directly.
We use your data to improve your experience. Our service means that we keep your data unless you ask us or give us your permission to share it, for example:
● you ask us to or give us your permission
● if you agree to marketing emails and personalisation, to show you relevant
messaging on your social media platforms, to let you know about things we do
that we think you will enjoy
In exceptional circumstances, we may share your information without your permission if we reasonably believe you might be breaking the law, for example on hate speech, and such disclosure is allowed under the relevant laws, including data protection law.
When working with clients and partners on projects, we may share relevant data with them too. This won’t be used for marketing purposes, but to improve the project which we are working on with you.
If we sell or transfer bits of our business, we may transfer your data also but we will always tell you in writing in advance.
We will not sell your data onto third parties or share it unlawfully. That’s just not cool.
We might contact you:
• in relation to any service, activity or online content you have signed up for
• in relation to any correspondence we receive from you or any comment or complaint you make about us
• in relation to any personalised services you are using
• in relation to any contribution you have submitted to us including writing blogs and submitting applications
• to invite you to participate in surveys about our work or things we think you might care about
• to update you on any big changes to our policies and procedures
• for marketing and update purposes
• if there has been a breach to our security and we need to let you know
You need to be 16+ to sign up to the Beatfreeks Community and give us permission to contact you. If you’re under 16, you should get your parent to contact us directly at
We collect data mostly at our events, projects and online through our website. You can see the privacy policies for the tools we use to get a better understanding of them.
Eventbrite for signing up for projects & events.
WordPress for the Beatfreeks Website.
Community Platform for Beatfreeks Community Membership sign-up.
Google Drive (google forms & drive) for general evaluation.